The Victorian Government has announced a one - off $5,000 grant under the Business Support Fund to support businesses employing staff that have been impacted by Stage 3 ‘Stay at Home’ restrictions for a period of 6 weeks.
We are contacting all our valued clients to ensure all eligible clients do not miss out on applying for this support.
The grant was previously provided to the 12 postcodes affected by the outbreak however has now been expanded to all areas impacted by the Stage 3 restrictions.
Please note the criteria for eligibility is different from the $10,000 grant initially provided under Business Victoria.
All the following eligibility criteria will need to be met in order to qualify for the grant. Businesses must:
- operate a business located in metropolitan Melbourne or Mitchell Shire;
- be a participant in the Commonwealth Government’s JobKeeper Payment scheme;
- employ people;
- be registered with WorkSafe on 30 June 2020;
- have an annual payroll of less than $3 million in 2019-20 on an ungrouped basis;
- be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) as at 30 June 2020;
- hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN at 30 June 2020; and
- be registered with the responsible Federal or State regulator.
Businesses that have received funding from other components of the Victorian Government’s Economic Survival Package are eligible to apply for this program.
Note- Business owners that do not employ people (non-employing businesses) are not eligible for funding through this program.
Applications are now open and need to be completed online via the Business Victoria website. Applications close 14 August 2020.
Please click on the link for more information or to apply on-line:
Evidence and information required
The following evidence will be required when submitting your application:
- Must provide evidence of business location examples include, lease letter, utility statement and rates notices;
- JobKeeper evidence- JobKeeper enrolment form, JobKeeper monthly declaration; and
- Must provide Workcover employee number.
Applicants will be subject to an audit by the Victorian Government or its representatives and will be required to produce evidence (such as payroll reports to demonstrate impact) at the request of the Victorian Government for a period of four years after the grant has been approved.
Please contact your knp adviser should you require our assistance or need us to assist in whether you may be eligible for the grant.